How to factory reset iPhone 6 without password?
You might have been locked out of your iPhone 6 because you input the wrong password. In this case, your iPhone will be disabled and you won’t be able to access it.
For some reason, you also want to
factory reset your iPhone
6 and you do not know the corresponding device or account password. How do you do this when you don’t have the most important code in the world?
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to implement a
on iPhone 6. To be more specific, we will be giving you four different solutions you can use in order to solve your problem. In this way, you can get it back working again especially if you don’t have the password to it. Read below this section to learn more.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 6 Without Password
Using iOS System Recovery to Factory Reset without Password
Using iCloud to Factory Reset iPhone 6 without Password
How to Factory Reset iPhone 6 Without Password Using iTunes
Using Recovery Mode to Delete Password
Solution 01: Using iOS System Recovery to Factory Reset iPhone 6 without Password
When your iPhone is disabled and you don’t have the password to it, you might want to use
FoneDog iOS System Recovery
to fix the problem. The tool allows you to repair iPhones and iPads enabling them to go back to a normal state after having issues.
It has two different modes, Standard and Advanced. The former will fix your iOS device without resulting in loss of data. The more rigorous Advanced Mode, on the other hand, will fix your iPhone (or iPad) when the former fails. However, this will result in the total wipeout of data.
FoneDog iOS System Recovery is not limited to a disabled iPad problem such as
resetting an iPad without Apple ID
. It can fix other issues such as black screen, continuous restarting of the iOS device, frozen iPhones or iPads, frozen Apple logo, damaged headphone mode, and more system errors.
Here are the steps on how to use the tool:
- Step 01 – Download, install and launch FoneDog iOS System Recovery on your computer. Once you are inside the main interface, select “iOS System Recovery.”
- Step 02 – Connect your iPhone 6 to your computer using the USB cable. Then, press “Start.”
- Step 03 – FoneDog will prompt you to download the firmware. Confirm this by pressing “Repair.
- Step 04 – Wait until the download process is complete. After this, the tool will start repairing the iPhone 6. Wait for this to finish and make sure you do not use the device once the process is ongoing.
- Step 05 – After the repairing process is complete, you will be notified. Don’t unplug the device immediately. Wait for the iPhone 6 to reboot. After this, you can unplug the device from the computer.
Solution 02: Using iCloud to Factory Reset iPhone 6 without Password
Here’s another solution on
how to factory reset iPhone 6 without password
. This method is only possible when “Find My iPhone” is set up before you lost the password of your iOS device. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Step 01 – Use another device such as a computer in order to log into icloud.com/find.
- Step 02 – Log in using your Apple ID and the corresponding password.
- Step 03 – Press “All Devices” located at the bar at the top.
- Step 04 – Select the iPhone 6 that has been locked.
- Step 05 – Finally, press “Erase iPhone.”
After you have done this, the settings and data on your iPhone (that’s locked or disabled) will be removed. And the password lock will be deleted as well.
Effective Ways to Remove Apple ID without a Password
Solution 03: How to Factory Reset iPhone 6 Without Password Using iTunes
Did you recently sync your iPhone 6 with your
application? Then, you can restore your device using the said software. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Step 01 – Connect your iPhone 6 to the computer (Windows PC or Mac) that you recently synced your device with on iTunes.
- Step 02 – Launch iTunes on the said computer. If iTunes prompts you to input your passcode, then you should utilize another computer you previously synced your iPhone 6 with. Or, using recovery mode would be another option.
- Step 03 – iTunes will now start syncing the iPhone 6. It will create a new backup file. If this doesn’t happen automatically, you should press the tab labeled “Device” and then press the “Sync” button located at the lower-right part.
- Step 04 – Wait until the syncing process is complete. Press “Restore iPhone.”
- Step 05 – Using your iPhone 6, press “Restore From iTunes Backup.”
- Step 06 – Within iTunes, choose the backup you want to use.
Solution 04: Using Recovery Mode to Delete Password
This is the method you should use on
how to factory reset iPhone 6 without password
. It is best used when you haven’t set up “Find My iPhone” previously. Plus, it is an option you should go for when you forgot to sync your iPhone 6 with iTunes. It involves placing your iPhone in Recovery Mode in order to remove the password from the device. Usually, this method can be used on iPad gadgets as well.
Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Step 01 – Get your iPhone 6 and connect it to a computer.
- Step 02 – Launch iTunes.
- Step 03 – Now, implement a force restart on your iPhone 6. Do this by pressing the Home + Sleep/ Wake buttons simultaneously. Hold this press until the Recovery Mode is displayed.
- Step 04 – It will prompt you to do one of two things, Update or Restore. Select the option to “Restore.”
- Step 05 – Wait until the process is complete. By now, the iPhone 6 will be unlocked and you don’t have to use the password anymore.
To Wrap It All up
We have given you four different ways on how to factory reset iPhone 6 without password. We started off with the best tool you can use in order to fix the issue — FoneDog iOS System Recovery. The said software is great for fixing system errors including an iPhone 6 that has been disabled or locked because of a forgotten password. Then, we gave three other methods you can do in order to fix the issue.
How about you? What’s your go-to method when your iPhone 6 has been disabled? Let us know how you fixed the problem by typing in your thoughts below. We’d love to hear from you.